galaxy s3 charging
mlnegandhi

I have two galaxy s3 phone on my verizon account that are suffering from the common charging port failure issue.   Both phones are currently out of warranty.  I do not want to upgrade my phone right now because I am waiting for the LG G3 release (hopefully coming soon)  Can we swap either of these phones out for a refurbished s3 for the time being?Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: galaxy s3 charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlnegandhi,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the charging port. As you are no longer covered under warranty do you have an extended warranty? The extended warranty would still cover the device. If not you can utilize our cpo option. You can see all the details here: http://vz.to/16vfYHl .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlnegandhi,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the charging port. As you are no longer covered under warranty do you have an extended warranty? The extended warranty would still cover the device. If not you can utilize our cpo option. You can see all the details here: http://vz.to/16vfYHl .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mlnegandhi

Unfortunately I do not have an extended warranty.  This is a common issue with the Galaxy S3.  This is my second phone with the same issue.  I was hoping to get something in the interim in good faith.  I plan to renew my contract when the LG G3 is available.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Chubs405

Did you figure anything out? I too have this problem and when I went in they just said "oh, you're past warranty, we can't help you" and suggested I go to a store in town that sells refurbished phones. I'm not paying $150 for a refurbished phone! We went with the GRIP insurance because we were led to believe that problems like this would be taken care of. Back in the day when I had issues with my phones verizon would replace them (I had 3 LG chocolates, first version, replaced and then finally they upgraded me to the newer version). My charging port isn't even the only problem I'm having with my phone... When I go to take a picture it 9 times out of 10 says "camera failed" and then I have to restart my phone and have then missed the opportunity for a picture. Or it randomly restarts on its own when I'm in the middle of something. And lately while typing IDid get an error saying "samsung keyboard has failed." But the only thing the guy at the store said to do was delete my antivirus app! This is ridiculous! My husband has a galaxy s3 and has none of these issues...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chubs405,

I can understand how important it is to have a good working camera on the phone. I use my carema for everything! Have you been able to force stop, clear cache, and clear data? You can always try that by going into Settings, Application Manager, Slide the screen to the left to get to the ALL section, scroll to camera, then force stop, clear cache, and data. All of your other pictures will still be in the phone. Another thing, have you tried to run the phone in safe mode for a few hours to see if the phone will work without any issues? http://vz.to/1lXTHqG Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Chubs405

I haven't tried safe mode but nothing else seems to work. What about the charging issue and the keyboard and random restarts? I mean does GRIP insurance really cover nothing?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chubs405,

Lets see if we can help with each of these issues by taking them on one-by-one. Have you tried a Rapidly Charging Charger with the phone? That may just solve that issue.

As for the keyboard, have you received that error message repeatedly or was it just that one time?

Safe Mode will trouble shoot all of these issues at the same time, so it's a great place to start. http://vz.to/1gnn2rF

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes