What happen to the stand alone GPS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: galaxy s4 standalone gps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of having options for your GPS services kma33086. Our Gps services are used on our amazing network along with some of our domestic roaming partners to provide you the fastest and most efficient way for location purposes. It also works indoors and is much faster than other GPS services. We currently don't utilize the stand along GPS at this time. You can stay updated on new products and services via our News page here http://bit.ly/n5snpq . Are you having any issues with your current GPS or any applications that use GPS? We are always here to provide the best options for our customers.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of having options for your GPS services kma33086. Our Gps services are used on our amazing network along with some of our domestic roaming partners to provide you the fastest and most efficient way for location purposes. It also works indoors and is much faster than other GPS services. We currently don't utilize the stand along GPS at this time. You can stay updated on new products and services via our News page here http://bit.ly/n5snpq . Are you having any issues with your current GPS or any applications that use GPS? We are always here to provide the best options for our customers.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kma33086
Enthusiast - Level 1

1)Who needs GPS indoor, unless you can't find a bathroom.

2) This was one of the major futures, I was looking for, when I bought the

Galaxy s4.before the Update

3)It uses my data plan extensively on a trips,

4)Besides, locking up all the time, this Galaxy S4 has become a peace of

JUNK

since the updates

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:32 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kma33086,

I hear you. So your issues with the standalone GPS have only been going on since the update? To verify, the problem is that it's using far too much data? And what exactly is locking up? Please share details.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
timwillin

The problem with replacing the GPS toggle with the Location toggle is primarily battery life.  I only used the GPS toggle when I was traveling, but allowed the other location services turned on for convenience.  Now we no longer have the choice.  Whenever you turn Location off and back on again, it always turns the GPS on because it defaults to High Accuracy.  Then you have to drill down into settings to turn it back off.  I would at least like an Accuracy toggle in the Notification Panel to go along with Location.  At most, i want to be able to enable/disable GPS again from the Notification Panel.  I'm going to have to seriously start looking at rooting my phone to get around this!

0 Likes