galaxy s6 fingerprint scanner and passwords not working - phone is possessed!
IMKZRNU

I have had my Galaxy S6 edge for about 6 weeks now and last night my fingerprint scanner randomly stopped working. It said to enter my backup password which it kept telling me was wrong. It then went to the "add gmail" which I entered correctly and it said that was wrong too. I had to do an unlock via the website and it wiped my phone clean. This has been a nightmare. I did use my old Samsung S3 to restore apps and such but some of the things I had purchased are not recognized and it wants me to repurchase them...UGH! I had been backing up to cloud storage but the phone decided it needed to do a sync right after I had unlocked via the website so many things went missing. I have determined that this phone is possessed!

I am afraid to use the fingerprint scanner now and am wondering if I need to trade this phone in for a new one? Someone PLEASE HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy s6 fingerprint scanner and passwords not working - phone is possessed!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wamnt to ensure you have a reliable working device IMZRNU. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns because I know how frustrating it is to have to reset your phone. Prior to the fingerprint scanner not working, did you update the softare or install any new third party apps? Any physical or water damage done to the phone?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: galaxy s6 fingerprint scanner and passwords not working - phone is possessed!
Shann_322

This happen to my phone Saturday and NOTHING is wrong with the phone at all.

I was on the phone all day Sunday trying to fix it. The screen also does not rotate, I'm waiting for a replacement.

0 Likes
GJV1111

I am having this same problem, I got the phone on Sunday.  I only have a few more attempts of the backup password and I'm afraid to try.  What am I supposed to do?

0 Likes
GJV1111

No water damage, Of course I've been installing apps, its a new phone.  The updates seem automatic so no idea.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
GJV1111, this would have me just as worried too. Let's do all we can to help make sure it does not come to that if not needed to.

By chance, do you have Location Services set to on through your phone? Google's Android Device Manager may be able to help unlock your phone by allowing you to manually set a new one online. Its definitely worth a shot.

Please give this a try:

First login to your Gmail account using this link, and see if you can remotely install this application on to your phone, from your PC/Mac: http://bit.ly/1t3SxzE

You will need to have Location Services enabled on your phone for this app and service to work.

If you are able to install this app, please login to this website:

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes