google calendar and contacts stopped syncing
Esschoir5963
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a VZW Samsung Galaxy Note5.  It has all system updates that VZW has pushed.  All of a sudden, the phone won’t sync the contacts and calendar of my google account.

I have searched both these forums and elsewhere on the web.  Some solutions work for other users but not me. I have tried:

*Removing and reinstalling google account on my phone

*deleting data and cache under the phone and calendar aps

*numerous re-boots

*matching “groups” on phone to those on my gmail account accessed through the web

* ”permissions” adjustments

*etc.

I see references to this kind of problem and error message going back many years, and a lot of posts and problems are marked “unanswered” or “not resolved.” Not too encouraging.

Can anyone help me?  Much obliged.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: google calendar and contacts stopped syncing
Esschoir5963
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  So, how do I determine that it is corrupted, and what do I do to fix it.  All components of my google account ae are accessible through a web browser without a hitch.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

delete then recreate the google account

0 Likes
Esschoir5963
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that many times.  Does not make a difference.  But thanks for your response.

Also, I neglected to quote the actual error message.  It reads: "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly "

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

your google account may be corrupted.

0 Likes
Esschoir5963
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  So, how do I determine that it is corrupted, and what do I do to fix it.  All components of my google account ae are accessible through a web browser without a hitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Esschoir5963 We're sorry to see that you're still having issues with your sync options and Google Account. Based on your messages here, we're not showing that a complete Factory Reset has been completed. We recommend that you give that a try and let us know what happens. Since a Factory Reset will erase all information from your phone, it's important that you find a different way to back up your contacts, photos, documents, music, etc. Here are the instructions: http://vz.to/29HCx4M

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes