help with sending pictures on the droid please?
Lithlas

on my contacts list i have a bunch of people who not only have phone numbers, but i also have email addresses saved on there, as occasionally people would rather have me send pictures to their email rather than their phones. 

on my old phone (env2) if i wanted to send a picture via picture message, as soon as i started typing a name that had an email address listed as well as a phone number, it would give me the option to pick whether i wanted to send it to the phone or the email.  the droid doesnt even seem to acknowledge this, it ONLY pulls up phone numbers.  if i type out the email address, and send it that way it works.  it does not acknowlege that the email address is anywhere in my phone however.

is there any way i can send pictures via the message thing, without having to type out the email address each time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help with sending pictures on the droid please?
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

Lithlas wrote:

on my contacts list i have a bunch of people who not only have phone numbers, but i also have email addresses saved on there, as occasionally people would rather have me send pictures to their email rather than their phones. 

on my old phone (env2) if i wanted to send a picture via picture message, as soon as i started typing a name that had an email address listed as well as a phone number, it would give me the option to pick whether i wanted to send it to the phone or the email.  the droid doesnt even seem to acknowledge this, it ONLY pulls up phone numbers.  if i type out the email address, and send it that way it works.  it does not acknowlege that the email address is anywhere in my phone however.

is there any way i can send pictures via the message thing, without having to type out the email address each time?

I long press on the picture and choose "copy attached to SD card. After that, you can go in to the gallery select the picture you wish to send and then select "share." From that point it should give you an email option.

0 Likes
Lithlas

thanks, i will certainly give that a shot.  i am still open to other answers too, i am brand new to this phone as of last night so any advice is good advice at this point

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ksxox10 wrote:
I long press on the picture and choose "copy attached to SD card. After that, you can go in to the gallery select the picture you wish to send and then select "share." From that point it should give you an email option.

I believe the person should get the app called Save MMS too.

0 Likes
pjw53

OMG, thank you so much. I've been trying to figure this out for the last 24 hours.  Long press--who knew, certainly not me!  Thanks!

0 Likes