home screen flip?
Laytimator

(Ugh, my droid would not recognize this field so it wouldn't let me type initially  Typing from cpu now.)  Question- My home screen will not flip from vertical to horizontal unless the keyboard is extended.  Is this normal?  Can I fix this so it flips?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: home screen flip?
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

For some strange reason the home screen (or Home++ as I am using) does not change to landscape unless the keyboard is extended.  The apps do change (at least my apps do) whether or not the keyboard is extended.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Laytimator wrote:

(Ugh, my droid would not recognize this field so it wouldn't let me type initially  Typing from cpu now.)  Question- My home screen will not flip from vertical to horizontal unless the keyboard is extended.  Is this normal?  Can I fix this so it flips?  Thanks.

Moto Droid? Eris?

On Moto Droid it's  Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Orientation

However, if you are using something other than the default Home Screen, there may also be a setting within the app.

BTW: When trying to post with the Moto Droid, I've found it best to select the HTML tab from the post window.  You can then select the window and type.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

M_R_L wrote:

For some strange reason the home screen (or Home++ as I am using) does not change to landscape unless the keyboard is extended.  The apps do change (at least my apps do) whether or not the keyboard is extended.

Home++ has a setting to either follow the system orientation settings or not.  If you want the home screen to rotate without opening the keyboard then make sure the system settings are set to rotate: Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Orientation and then from the home screen again go to Menu > Preferences > Screen Preferencesand enable the "Orientation" option.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

PPC_Dude,

Are you saying your Droid home screen automatically flips even when the physical keyboard is closed? My worked this way initially, but suddenly stopped. Here is a thread that discusses the issue. Although Orientation option on my Droid is checked, home screen does not flip.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

logicman wrote:

PPC_Dude,

Are you saying your Droid home screen automatically flips even when the physical keyboard is closed? My worked this way initially, but suddenly stopped. Here is a thread that discusses the issue. Although Orientation option on my Droid is checked, home screen does not flip.

I am using Home++ not the default home screen. Yes, if I configure my phone as I stated previously, the screen rotates from portrait to landscape automatically with the position of the phone. I just verified this.  I would assume it would do this with the default home screen as well, but maybe the update changed something.  I'm pretty sure it worked this way before the update, but I have been using Home++ since before that time.  I'll test it later on the default home and let you know.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

It actually stopped flipping a couple of weeks before 2.0.1 was released.

0 Likes
Laytimator

PPC_Dude wrote:

Laytimator wrote:

Moto Droid? Eris?

On Moto Droid it's  Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Orientation

However, if you are using something other than the default Home Screen, there may also be a setting within the app.

BTW: When trying to post with the Moto Droid, I've found it best to select the HTML tab from the post window.  You can then select the window and type.

It is a Moto Droid.  I checked my settings and they are as you described.  I am using the default home screen so I have not donwloaded any apps.  The home screen apps, etc will not flip horizontal until I open the physical keyboard.  When using an application, the web, or anything else, it flips fine.

0 Likes
Laytimator

PPC_Dude wrote:

M_R_L wrote:

Home++ has a setting to either follow the system orientation settings or not.  If you want the home screen to rotate without opening the keyboard then make sure the system settings are set to rotate: Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Orientation and then from the home screen again go to Menu > Preferences > Screen Preferencesand enable the "Orientation" option.

How are you getting to the "screen preferences" option?  I have a moto droid and when I bring up the menu on the home screen (3 lines button?) I get "Add, Wallpaper, Search, Notifications, and Settings" options.  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Laytimator

Bingo.  I knew I read about this before!  Thanks, dude!:smileyhappy:

logicman wrote:

PPC_Dude,

0 Likes