how can i tell if i have a voice message?
WagonWillie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using a Google Pixel 3.  I never see a tape roll as suggested.  Any caller who tries to leave a message gets a voice that says my mailbox is full.  It has zero messages in it.  It has only ever had one voice message to my knowledge and I deleted it.  I see no way to check for messages online.  I gave up on dialing *86 and inputting my PIN as there are never any messages there; my voice mailbox is full without any messages in it.  

0 Likes
Re: how can i tell if i have a voice message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WagonWillie I'm sorry voicemail is not working on your phone. Can you please check for software updates, and if you have one waiting, run it. -Dolores

0 Likes
WagonWillie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what software you are referring to: my OS, my browser, "My Verizon".... ?

I have the latest Windows 10 updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WagonWillie! 

We're here to help, and we want to make sure you can view your voicemail! Please follow the steps here to check for software updates on your phone:  http://spr.ly/6607Jg0dL;

You can also go to the Play Store, and check to see if there are any updates for your voicemail app. After updating your device, let us know if the visual voicemail begins working, or if you are still having to call for your messages. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello WagonWillie! 

We're here to help, and we want to make sure you can view your voicemail! Please follow the steps here to check for software updates on your phone:  http://spr.ly/6607Jg0dL;

You can also go to the Play Store, and check to see if there are any updates for your voicemail app. After updating your device, let us know if the visual voicemail begins working, or if you are still having to call for your messages. 

-Michelle

The Google Pixel 3 doesn't use the Verizon Visual Voicemail application. The visual voicemail feature is handled by the phone dialer application.

@WagonWillie

Have you checked your MyVerizon account online to verify if you are subscribed to the free basic visual voicemail feature or if you only have the basic non-visual voicemail feature? If you have visual voicemail, go into the dialer application and setup your visual voicemail. If you don't have visual voicemail, then you should verify that the visual voicemail settings is turned off with the phone dialer application. Then you should be getting the tape roll symbol in your notification bar at the top of screen indicating you have a new voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you switch from an Apple phone to the Pixel or another android phone at some point? If so, did you setup your voicemail again to ensure it is back on the Verizon Wireless servers instead of the Apple servers? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other and more drastic option is to have Verizon Wireless reset the voicemail from their end forcing you to set it up again. 

0 Likes
WagonWillie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Michelle, but since it's a Pixel phone it automatically updated to 12 on the 5th of October and is running the version suggested in the link.

I have no other voice mail app other than My Verizon and it still reports the mailbox full and does not present the red "tape" icon ever.  

0 Likes
WagonWillie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, that would be fine with me, but as you know, it's nearly impossible to speak to anyone at Verizon and they have not suggested that.  Resetting the voicemail box would be no big deal for me as it has only ever recorded one message, which was spam and I deleted.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pixel 3 voicemail access with basic non-visual voicemail https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-219891/

Pixel 3 voicemail with visual voicemail. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208379/

0 Likes