Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,905 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
how do I block calls on my HTC One
Thesaint123

how do I block calls

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I block calls on my HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Thesaint1. I know I love to block those pesky salespeople who call right at dinnertime. The way to block calls on your HTC is to just follow these steps:

1. From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
  2. Scroll to and tap People.
  3. Tap the Menu icon, then tap Manage contacts.
  4. Tap Blocked contacts.
  5. Touch and hold the contact or phone number you want to block.
  6. Tap Block contacts.
  7. Tap OK.

Tina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send calls to your voicemail, but a true block is only available on your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i block calls by tapping on the call, details..3 dots in upper corner & get a drop-down menu to block the call on my note5!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Thesaint1. I know I love to block those pesky salespeople who call right at dinnertime. The way to block calls on your HTC is to just follow these steps:

1. From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
  2. Scroll to and tap People.
  3. Tap the Menu icon, then tap Manage contacts.
  4. Tap Blocked contacts.
  5. Touch and hold the contact or phone number you want to block.
  6. Tap Block contacts.
  7. Tap OK.

Tina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thesaint123,

It seems more and more common these days that we get pesky calls that we don't want to get any longer. It is always good to know how to block these calls before they can come in, so we don't have unwanted calls any longer. Let's work together to figure this out. Are you looking to block one specific number? How many different calls do you get per day where this is happening? Do you feel as though these might be spam callers?

Here is a great resource on how to perform the Auto Reject that Ann154 was kind enough to reference. This is specific to the HTC One https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-86442/.

Also, to find out more about who is calling you, we have a great feature named Caller Name ID. Check out the details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/caller-name-id/.

Do you have any questions on our findings?

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

i block calls by tapping on the call, details..3 dots in upper corner & get a drop-down menu to block the call on my note5!!

That is still only sending those numbers straight to voicemail. It isn't a full block.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes