how do i activate an unlocked verizon phone on verizon
goldfishdigger

i've been trying to figure out how to activate my galaxy note 4 that i bought online unlocked. It is a Verizon phone, it is just unlocked. I got a new sim card because i had an iphone, and at verizon they activated the sim card for me but my phone doesnt seem to want to activate! what do i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i activate an unlocked verizon phone on verizon
heretohelp5353
Enthusiast - Level 2

make sure imei is correct and Sim or ICCID. This is in your phone information in settings somewhere also it might be flagged so calling CS will verify all this. If you have issues and can't call you might have to wait until tomorrow. Always get IMEI before purchasing and check it on Verizon's website. Just type " check imei" in search box.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can try Live Chat and I have used that before to activate a phone when unable to call.  Swapping an active SIM to an inactive phone or using the online activation page in My Verizon doesn't usually work for me if it is a device that has never been activated on my line before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
goldfishdigger, we want you to use that Note 4 to it's full advantage on our network! Click http://vz.to/1FGCRFC to activate that device on your mobile number. Make sure that your old device is powered off during this activation process. Keep us posted. We're standing by to further assist if you need us here. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Where did you get the SIM card from? If it was a VZW corporate store they should have done the device change on the computer and put the SIM in the phone to activate to the network. If you ordered it through Customer Service on the telephone or online and it was shipped to you you should call 1-877-807-4646.

goldfishdigger

My SIM card won't activate with this phone. I know the SIM card is not bad because another Verizon phone just activated it. My phone is brand new. Is there some kind of settings I need to change for it to activate? It gives me an error saying phone can't be activated at this time try again by restarting

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If the SIM will work in a different device then the device you are trying to use it in is most likely incapable of connecting the VZW network. The SIM is what help the device connect and sends the IMEI to the network for connectivity. Where did you get the device and what is the model number?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You may have been sold a device with a bad IMEI. Or it is from another carrier. Verizon note 4 is unlocked from the factory to take advantage of almost all wireless spectrums. There was zero need to advertise that on the sellers part. Chances are, you weresold incorrect or bad device. Like was asked before. What is the modelnumberofthe phone. Go to settings, about phone. There you should see under model number. SM-N910V. If it is different. What is it? There is a chance it might be able to be configured to work somewhat on the VZW network.

0 Likes
goldfishdigger

Model: sm-n910v

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
goldfishdigger

Got the device on eBay. Paid 550 so I hope I get it working

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes