how do i change "preset contact" in my Moto G5 plus?
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I get notification of a new voicemail I always simply pressed the notification to autodial voicemail.  In my previous phones I had programmed the phone number (*86) with a pause then the voicemail password.  I got a new Moto G5 plus and magically it now only dials the *86 which is the "Verizon Wireless Preset".  How do I either:

• link my modified number to the notification
  • change the preset number
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i change "preset contact" in my Moto G5 plus?
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  I copied from an app that allowed commas and pasted into the number setup.

All is good now.  Hope others will find this successful process helpful.  Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check under the More section of the Settings application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked. In the phone app, Settings-Calls-Voicemail-Setup-Voicemail number

This is where it looks like I can modify the number.  So one last question.  The keyboard doesn't offer a comma (,) which I used in the past to enter a pause after the *86 is dialed to wait for a connection.  Is there another symbol or way of showing a pause, or will the system recognize the password if it's dialed along with the *86?

Thanks, we're getting close.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please post a screenshot of the screen where you can edit the number showing the keyboard. Don't show your voicemail password on the image though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20180302-093720.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest having a different keyboard set as the default while you edit the number. I know when I have the SwiftKey keyboard active, I have the comma key available. The Gboard keyboard doesn't show the comma to use for the pause. Perhaps the one of the keys shown in the Gboard and in your image is also considered to be a "pause", but I'm not sure which one is.

0 Likes
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.  I copied from an app that allowed commas and pasted into the number setup.

All is good now.  Hope others will find this successful process helpful.  Thanks

0 Likes