how do i delete a group txt message...says admin can only do this..I am admin but don't know how.
ANNSCH15
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I delete a txt message to two people or more..it said create a group so i named it and now i don't want to use that as a group anymore. whenever I send a txt to these two people and admin number shows up....i don't want to use this group any more. I don't know how to delete the group name.

Labels (1)
Re: how do i delete a group txt message...says admin can only do this..I am admin but don't know how.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to us that you are able to use your message app however you choose, ANNSCH15 and I’d be happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few details and make sure you are able to delete the group text message.
Just for clarification, are you using the message app that was preinstalled on the phone or our Verizon Messages? When did you first notice this issue with deleting group text messages? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Re: how do i delete a group txt message...says admin can only do this..I am admin but don't know how.
MSFlores79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question too.  We are using the Verizon message+ app.  I am the admin, but there is no option to delete the group.  I get the option to leave, but I have to assign someone as the admin.  I do not want to do this, I only want to delete the group altogether.  It's been an issue since I noticed the group option as a part of the app.

CYNAUS90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why has this question not been answered? I just want to delete an entire group encluding myself. What could be so hard about that?

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Don't know which messaging app you're using, but most of them you can long press the thread on the main page and get a list of options.

0 Likes
TUCKAWAY_BILLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is for the Verizon Message that is installed with the phone. I have looked in groups from contacts, have tried the ellipses at the top right hand corner from within the group, searched help for my phone, searched Google add nauseum. You can only ask to make someone else the admin.   Please give specific instructions on how, once a group has been created in the Verizon message app, it can be deleted.  Not the messages sent to\from the group: the group itself.

Shebellbee7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also use the message+ Verizon app and am having this same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely shed some light on the subject, so you can remove unwanted groups, Shebellbee7. In Verizon Messages+, there is no delete option for a group. You can only remove yourself and transfer admin privileges to another person. 

The only way to completely remove the group is to open the group message, go to settings, and select "Group Details." In this screen, you can remove each group member one at a time. Once every group member has been removed, you can erase all the messages in the conversation. After you have erased all the messages, the Group will be gone. Be sure your Messages+ app is up to date, to ensure you see all the correct settings. I hope this helps!

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes