how do send a group text message using message+ app?
nottecsavy

when i try to send a group message using verizon message+ app, it says it cant and to use the green message app. What do i need to change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do send a group text message using message+ app?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Open contacts > tap the two people icon in center of top screen  > next tap a select group you want to set up >  Enter the names and save. Now when you open Message + , type in all members of your group on first use and the Group button will highlight. >  type or speak your message and send. > Do not delete Recipients reply to and you can tap that on your next message sent, as a group thread reply address. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do send a group text message using message app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nottecsavy
You would want to use the Verizon messages app to use group messaging. Once this service has been enabled you wouldn't be able to send a group message from the green icon. That icon would be only for viewing.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: how do send a group text message using message app?
redbran

I want to send a group message with message+, how do I select recipients?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I normally just type them into the "To" field.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I just tap pencil upper right , then person icon. Next tap in one or more contacts or hit the preset group key that you want to send to.

0 Likes
redbran

How do you preset a group and where is the preset group key?

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Open contacts > tap the two people icon in center of top screen  > next tap a select group you want to set up >  Enter the names and save. Now when you open Message + , type in all members of your group on first use and the Group button will highlight. >  type or speak your message and send. > Do not delete Recipients reply to and you can tap that on your next message sent, as a group thread reply address. 

0 Likes
redbran

I don't have a two person icon

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
redbran

I found that in contacts, I WILL work on it, thank you for the help. I may get back with you if you don't mind

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's really very easy to do and I will only be on for a short period, but many of my peers can help you on this issue. And I'm sure you will not have any prpblems.  Thank you    Smiley Happy

0 Likes