how to complain to Verizon?
mblx

I recently bought a new phone at the store here in town. I changed to the Edge program as well at that time. I paid half down upon instituting the change to Edge 300+ dollars at that time. TWO days later I called Verizon and provided the information needed to pay the balance of the phone and so on. Last week I noticed that it still had not been processed NS  I was billed for the Edge program that I had thought I had paid because the phone was paid off. . I explained to the customer service agent she apologized but, I was still charged the cost for a program that I had in good faith provided your company the needed information. Had this been done as I asked I would not have had this additional cost .

I am not at all happy, I feel someone dropped the ball on your end and I am the one paying for that error. I am no longer contracted with Verizon and will be seeking other options. Your agent insisted that because it was not done I am responsible for this additional cost. I say first since I had called within 2 days for the initial purchase then at the very least it should be pro- rated making sure I do not get a bill for a month of service that should have been remedied . I am disgusted and extremely frustrated. I do not believe I am valued as a customer of 10+ years. 

So I am trying to express my level of dissatisfaction but I am getting the run around trying to do that just like I did when trying to resolve the issue .UGH!!! DISGUSTED

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to complain to Verizon?
Not applicable

Lets see I am a mite confused.

You went in and bought a device on the Edge program. Which is money down for first month and taxes at time of sale.

However you paid $300 (How much was the total cost of the device?)

So lets assume the cost of the device was at low cost $500 so you would pay tax on $500 (my state is 8% so $40) and then take that first $25 off the first payment. (20 payments @ $25 equals $500)

Now the balance is $475 on edge program over 19 more payments correct?

You paid $300 so from that $300 minus $65 so that means you made an advanced payment of $235 from that $500 which leaves a cost of $265 still owed, of which you said within the same thirty day billing period you paid. Correct?

That leaves no Edge balance. However that will not reflect as paid in full until the next billing cycle.

Your only charges from then on will be for service/plan charges.

Why you did what you did is beyond me. You could have just paid full price to begin with if that was what you wanted to do.

Wait for the next bill to generate and then see if the issue has been corrected.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Re: how to complain to Verizon?
Not applicable

Lets see I am a mite confused.

You went in and bought a device on the Edge program. Which is money down for first month and taxes at time of sale.

However you paid $300 (How much was the total cost of the device?)

So lets assume the cost of the device was at low cost $500 so you would pay tax on $500 (my state is 8% so $40) and then take that first $25 off the first payment. (20 payments @ $25 equals $500)

Now the balance is $475 on edge program over 19 more payments correct?

You paid $300 so from that $300 minus $65 so that means you made an advanced payment of $235 from that $500 which leaves a cost of $265 still owed, of which you said within the same thirty day billing period you paid. Correct?

That leaves no Edge balance. However that will not reflect as paid in full until the next billing cycle.

Your only charges from then on will be for service/plan charges.

Why you did what you did is beyond me. You could have just paid full price to begin with if that was what you wanted to do.

Wait for the next bill to generate and then see if the issue has been corrected.

Good Luck