Re: how to stop data roaming notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILBAL,

I know that this would certainly drive me crazy also. Are you still getting the notification when you completely disable data, not just deny data roaming access? And if you visit Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred Network, which mode is selected? If the preferred network is currently "Global," please change it to "LTE/GSM/UTMS" and let us know if this results in improvements.

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILBAL

I turned off Global now I miss calls. I have a Samsung Verizon network extender at my shop and can not make or receive calls with phone set to LTE/GSM/UTMS. So I am back to my original problem. Data Roaming alerts driving me crazy. Any other ideas. I have to get this solved!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILBAL, 

We certainly don't want you to not receive calls along with the notification issue. Let's set your phone back to Global so you can receive your call. I'm determined to get these roaming notifications to stop. Let's gather some more information. Have you made any other changes to your HTC 10's settings? Have you turned to power cycle your phone off and on? 

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILBAL

Yes have powered off multiple times.  Since I had to turn GlobaI back on have changed default notification to a shorter notification than I want as a default and went into all Text from the important contacts and changed to notifications to what I had set as the default previously. It is a work around but still leaves me with possible contacts that I may not hear

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILBAL, We certainly don't want you to lose communication with some of your contacts and we want you to remain in the Verizon family. We'll get this resolved. Tell us exactly when did the problem start (week, month)? Do you know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILBAL

This started with YOUR last update! My grand daughter who has same phone had the same problems, she finally just turned off notification on phone, something I can't do. I changed default notification to a simple beep, can't turn it to silent. Went into many, many text and customized to use notification other than default, but that leaves me out on text that are important that I don't receive regularly. Went into grocery store today must have gotten beeped 25 to 30 times. I just don't know how much longer I can put up with the annoyance.

0 Likes
tevslin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem on a moto z2 android version 8.0.0 roaming in Italy (TIM). Can't turn off sound or won't know about incoming texts and calls. apparently happens as network in fringe area switches between 3g and 4g

BILBAL

My granddaughter finally got mine to stop. I don't know how she did it. She told me she did the exact same things I had done multiple times . She started by slowly pushing the Data alert to the side not off the screen to dismiss, but just barley and a new setting option shows up and that is where she disabled alerts in that menu. She stopped mine, hope that get you to the right place to solve your problem. Verizon support was useless!

0 Likes
tevslin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your granddaughter has saved my sanity. Thank you and please thank her.

I had to go down several levels after clicking the settings icon which appears when the message is pushed a little to the right. I got a choice of what sound I wanted for this notification and chose “none”. I verified that I do still get a sound when a real text or message arrives.

0 Likes
BILBAL

You are welcome, I will thank my granddaughter for you.

0 Likes