how to transfer data from S4 to S9 with USB cord and Switch app
GM2500MAIN

I just got my new S9 and went to transfer my contacts, etc from my S4.  the USB cable doesn't fit in the charging port of the S4.  What am I missing?  this should be easy!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to transfer data from S4 to S9 with USB cord and Switch app
bearone21
Legend

install samsung smart switch on both...on wi-fi no usb cable for most, see below!!.

send from s4, receive s9.

fwiw:

i xferred from s5 to note5 but not all pics or music were xferred.....contacts, messages(you get to select what you'd like moved)!!

i ultimately had to use the usb cable to xfer 30g of music & about the same in pics but....

i now have all the music & pics i want on google drive. (drive only allows up to 15g for free).

0 Likes
Re: how to transfer data from S4 to S9 with USB cord and Switch app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have an excellent question at hand. Being able to transfer your data from your old phone to a new phone is important and we are here to help. We would recommend to download the Smart Switch app on both phones and ensure they are both connected to WiFi. Here is a link with more information and steps on how to. Hope it helps. http://spr.ly/6587DtrG1

Christian_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes