htc one m8 update
bobeern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated today because every time I opened the phone, it made me update. Then it made me restart for the lock screen to finish updating. Now the internet is extremely slow and glitching out a lot and crashing. I've restarted the phone twice with no improvement. Also, it's not recognizing when I plug anything into the headphone jack. Help!

Labels (1)
Re: htc one m8 update
B33
Legend

Try running a system cache clear, see if that helps if not you may have to run a Factory Reset.!  but try running the system cache first..

Here is how to run the system cache clear it is through T-Mobil but it will work for our Verizon units as well.. b

Wipe cache partition: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support

0 Likes
bobeern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I have to do this when the update was from whoever... Android or Verizon. Like... It was essentially a mandatory update and now they slowed my phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When a Phone updates to a new OS, your basically setting the new on-top of the Old OS and not all the time is it going to agree with the old so when that happens you have to clean out some of the old let's say trouble files so the new can work with the phone..

But even after doing this the phone may or may not mesh with the update, all you can do is just Hope for best and that there is no issues.. Hopefully with this latest update doing some minor cleaning as mentioned will help with the issues your seeing in your phone.. I have not updated my one m8 yet but when I do I'll probably run one or system clears and if it does not work then I'll proceed with a Factory Reset.

Hope this Helps..

0 Likes
bobeern
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's helpful information.  I just tried the cache clean that you posted earlier and it's not working.  I don't know if there's a step missing or what.  I turn the phone off, hold the volume button down, turn the phone back on while holding the volume down button and no android guys ever show up.  So I don't know if this phone is different than the cache clean type of phone or what's going on.  But there must be something I'm missing.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's kind of Quick sequence   it took me a few Tries before I finally got it. and your Welcome..  I'll see if I can find clearing the cache instructions for our Verizon phones.. they may be a bit easier to understand for all of us Have a Good Morning.. b

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your network settings - I've found after an update, some setting revert to "default", and my network has been reset to Global, causing glitchy behavior, battery drain, unstable connection....  so check to ensure it is set to LTE/CDMA.

Check other settings too - and the system cache clear may just help as well. 

HTC One:

1) Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first).

2) Boot into recovery by holding volume down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears.

3) Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power key to select.

4) HTC logo appears followed by blank, dim screen. Briefly tap all three simultaneously: power key, volume up and down keys, and release immediately. You may have to do this step a few times to get the timing right.

5) Black screen appears and SD card error message scrolls. After about 5-10 seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again (this choice highlighted). Done!

B33
Legend

These steps are a bit easier to navigate than the T-Mobile one's Glad there were found and put on here.. thanks b

0 Likes
bobeern
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone I'd giving me a few options when I change the network (it was set

to global) but I can't pick LTE and CDMA . I have to choose. It also gives

me the option of LTE/legacy mode. Would that be right?

Thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is what   is referring too Tap on Mobile Data >> Followed by Preferred Network >> Choose LTE / CDMA like you see what mine is set too below in the very bottom screen shot.. b33

s shot of Data Feature on m8.png

S shot of  Data Preferrence 1.png

S Shot of  LTE   CDMA.png

0 Likes