i can not set up my msn email account after i deleated it because customer service said to do so because after update I kept getting meaasge about changing server password.
captaja

Yesterday after up date my email kept giving me a message about changing server password, but I still got my email. Today same message only no email. Chatted with tech person they said delete msn account then add. Well now can not add and just got cut off from tech support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i can not set up my msn email account after i deleated it because customer service said to do so because after update I kept getting meaasge about changing server password.
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

To save you some time, I did find this with a quick search:

Incoming settings:

username: emailaddress@outlook.com

password: your password

pop3 server: pop3.live.com

port: 995

security type: SSL/TLS

Delete email from server: never

Outgoing Settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

Port: 587

Security Type: STARTTLS

Require Sign-in: YES

Username: same as username above

Password: same as above

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i can not set up my msn email account after i deleated it because customer service said to do so because after update I kept getting meaasge about changing server password.
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

How are you attempting to add the email account? Through the stock email application?

Are you configuring it for POP3 or IMAP?

Do you have the correct server settings from Microsoft?

Does your inbound/outbound server require authentication, SSL? What port numbers do both use?

I would be more than willing to help you with this....

0 Likes
captaja

Yes, I am trying to add the account back. I had it before update. Tech support said to delete then add back. Well can not add back. Get an authentication issue message.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Ok. Lets make this as simple as possible. First hit a google search for "MSN email server settings".

Write them down, and have them handy. You basically want to know if it should be set as POP3 or IMAP, what your inbound and outbound server settings are supposed to be set to, and you'll need your email address and password as well.

Finally...you can go about this 2 different ways. One is to use the default mail app, which I use for my personal email. Or, you can download outlook for android, and I'm pretty certain they have it on the Google Play store.

Once you have the settings and you've chosen how you want your mail, its time to set it up. Launch your desired mail app and it should prompt you to input your email account settings. Rather than let it give you a headache by auto config, look for a manual setup option. Using this, you can manually input all the settings that are needed to get your mail account talking with the server allowing your device to retrieve your mail. Once you have them all plugged in, just finish the setup and you should be good to go.

Give this a try and let me know if you need any further help. If you get stuck at any point, send me a message and I'll do what I can to walk you through it.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

To save you some time, I did find this with a quick search:

Incoming settings:

username: emailaddress@outlook.com

password: your password

pop3 server: pop3.live.com

port: 995

security type: SSL/TLS

Delete email from server: never

Outgoing Settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

Port: 587

Security Type: STARTTLS

Require Sign-in: YES

Username: same as username above

Password: same as above

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Hopefully that will help you. That list of settings comes directly from the MSN support forums. Hopefully that will get you going, if not....you know where to find me!

0 Likes