i need to know if my wireless & networks setting is correct
lordkaos

I was changing/customizing the different areas since I just got this replacement phone and I had an app say it had to have roaming turned on to work a few days ago when I was having problems with it freezing up and not working. I thought this was odd so I pulled up "mobile networks options" in the "wireless and networks" in "settings" and I cant seem to turn roaming off. I don't remember turning it on but the phone was messing up when I got that message so I am concerned the app possibly changed it or I did not thinking out of frustrating of needing that app to work right then!

under the first option is data roaming and even if you choose deny it will still say "connect to data services when roaming" is this correct?

under preferred network I'm given several options such as "global" "CDMA" and "GSM/UMTS mode" which is it suppose to be set on? I do NOT travel outside the USA and I have unlimited data but I don't understand roaming and roaming charges so I don't know which to choose and if one will charge me etc.

then under CDMA options (when I have it chosen) it has "system select" and it has "home only" and "automatic" which one do I choose?

then there is a check box "enable always on mobile data" should this be checked?

I have looked and tried to figure this out but always hear about roaming in reference of travel outside the USA. as far as I know i have never hit a section in USA that has made me go into roaming and I really don't want the cost of it because I screwed up and chose the wrong one.

this replacement phones setting are just a little different so I cant figure out what it was suppose to be originally as far as my old phone had.

the phone fully functions on global and cdma which I have heard some phones wont on one or the other so that didn't help me figure it out =(

help!! I use data all the time and my husband told me to put it on wifi till I figure this out but i have to leave the house so I don't know what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i need to know if my wireless & networks setting is correct
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have?

Usually the CDMA mode and automatic for the CDMA system select is what you should have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lordkaos

HTC Incredible 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome, lordkaos! I really like the Incredible 2.
When you go to the network settings, http://vz.to/178COko we recommend having it set to CDMA. If you do travel overseas, then you can select one of the other settings.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes