i need verification that verizon sent an email.
Nolawhit

I received a text stating a mandatory Security update was required. I got an anti virus notification with this. I am not going to click on  the link until I find out if its really from verizon. Any one else get this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i need verification that verizon sent an email.
sarah_withnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same mesg earlier today. I have never gotten a mesg like it before and when I tried to google it, I couldn't find much about it. I am not clicking on the link either as a precaution. Going to see if I can contact customer service about it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sarah_withnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same mesg earlier today. I have never gotten a mesg like it before and when I tried to google it, I couldn't find much about it. I am not clicking on the link either as a precaution. Going to see if I can contact customer service about it.

0 Likes
sarah_withnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked with customer service and this mesg is NOT from Verizon. So, do not click on the link! Here is what the original mesg said: From phone number [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . VZW ACCOUNT: Mandatory security update required, please validate all your information here:  (then a random link)

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’ve got all the answers you need sarah_withnh. Let’s gather some additional details so that w can verify this for you. What make/model device do you have? What did the message say exactly?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Paramoon

I received the same text today.  A message from (VZW FREE MSG) stating, mandatory security update required.  The phone number attached is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] I also GOOGLE the number and didn't find anything.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our customers account security is extremely important to us. We ask to be very careful when receiving text messages or calls stating they are Verizon Wireless asking for account information. Please refrain from providing information and forward the message to our team to SPAM (7726) from your phone. 

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes