iTunes, WMP, iPad and Droid. Can they play nice together??
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2
I wonder if anyone here has any experience with this. I live in a home where nearly all of my multimedia is ran on and managed by Apple products. 5 iPods, an iPad, etc are all managed via iTunes on their respective pc's. Now it has ended up that all of our phones are Android-based. In my case, my iPod went with me everywhere, and I travel a LOT. I was fortunate enough to have purchased a motorola t505 a couple weeks ago and now it's finally become more practical to use my phone for music in the car instead of my iPod - something I never thought would be possible. So here's my question - I can't abandon iTunes because everything else still uses it, but I want a better way to manage my droid music than drag & dropping it onto the phone. I've read that the newest version of WMP is a much Improved product nowadays so I thought about using it for the purposes of Droid music management. I'm concerned though, that it might mess up things with iTunes. I have iTunes set to manage all of my music and it moves it and renames it and all of that stuff so I dont have to screw with it. I don't want to set up WMP on there and have it do something to make my library a complete mess. Can the two coexist within the same library? Does WMP do anything to the files or does it just work with what's there and not mess with names, moving, etc? I just want it to tell me what's in my library and what's on my phone and let me move stuff between the two of them. Any input, advice, etc? Thanks folks, as always I appreciate your input, you're always very helpful.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iTunes, WMP, iPad and Droid. Can they play nice together??
stevehy
You want to get Sailing Media Sync; it will sync your Droid with iTunes and vice versa. I have Mac lap tops, IPad, iPhones, and Moto Droid, and they all coexist thanks to this software. It keeps the non Apple devices with the same level of sync as the Motorola device.
0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks, I'll check that out. I just want a simple solution, you know what I mean? I spend a lot of time on the road and at work and i work in IT for a large company. Last thing i want to do is come home at night and deal with complicated stuff there too. Call me lazy i guess, but i just want nice, simple solutions at home. That software sounds like it might be just the thing since i can still do everything through iTunes. Thanks again.
0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I found an app in the marketplace called "TuneSync" that actually integrates with iTunes and allows you to select playlists from your iTunes library to sync with your phone, and it does it using your wifi so no need to even mess with plugging the phone in. There is a "lite" version but it only lets you do 20 songs at a time and the paid version is only $4. I have to say, this thing does everything I want and does it painlessly. Now all of my **bleep** devices can just play nice and I don't have to deal with 35 programs to make each one do what I want it to do.

As a side note, my phone has started replacing things around here. There may soon be a few Apple devices that are either sold or relegated to my "Gadget Graveyard", which is actually just a drawer under my desk where things that I used to think were cool go to die. The iPad already found its way into someone else's hands due to the fact that it wasn't as cool as I thought it would be and now a couple iPod Touches may end up in the drawer since my phone is more than capable of bringing my music along with me. Sad days for them. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
vlinkous

I found one that I like a lot as well....it is call Doubletwist....it integrates both WMP AND iTunes and syncs to an Android phone as well and other devices too such as PSP and others...  http://www.doubletwist.com for more info

0 Likes