rocco225
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 2 is now full with the inability to install any more apps unless I deleted some pre-existing ones. Verizon keeps a hefty amount of bloatware on these devices but I would really like an answer from Verizon here. Why of all the ridiculous  apps in the world was the IMDb (International Movie Database) app deemed so important that it can not be uninstalled from MY device?  Why is NFL mobile shoved on to the device with no ability to remove it? I can't stand Google +. Why does it have to be taking up precious space in my internal memory?   Why Verizon why can't you let me be an adult and pick and choose the apps I want/don't want?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: imdb
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have used all of the 16 GB internal memory space on the Note 2? Have you tried clearing the cache for applications? Disabled the applications you don't use? Uninstall applications you don't use? Changed the camera to save pictures on the SD card? Deleted unnecessary text messages from the phone to reduce the size how much that application is using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i get your frustration, but what ann154 suggested is pretty much all you can do. the apps you mention, while annoying, don't take up that much space. google+ is 80mb's but i'm fairly certain that verizon has no choice in that matter. google is going to put google+ on android phones. the other 2 combine for 70mb's. i have over 125 apps on my note ii and still have space. all of my music, videos, and pics though, are saved to the external sd card.

B33
Legend

And to add you might want to clear your Caches in phone contacts numbers that you call and receive and I clear each week the cache in my Browser just a little bit here and there will help give you some space..

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Wow some of those apps I actually use but I understand some people do not. Might want to try removing pics or videos off the phone and maybe to the cloud or to your computer and free up more space. Or what they said above get rid of some of the other things that you do not use. Or try using microSD card for more memory. Good luck

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

The answer is $. All those apps can use cellular data so vzw can profit. I suggest backing up what you need then fdr it. You'll be happier with a fresh phone

0 Likes
rocco225
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I am aware than I can delete some apps I don't need.

I am aware that I can use the SD card (for many things) instead of phone memory

I am aware that I  can root the device and remove what I want.

I am aware that some people use the pre-installed apps.

I was just wondering why Verizon forces these apps on the consumer instead of letting the consumer pick and choose what they like and what they don't. It just seems wrong to me.

On the factory data reset, the bloatware would still be there after the reset so other than to clear up cache and orphan files I don't think this would help much. Anyway, thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tbo27 wrote:

The answer is $. All those apps can use cellular data so vzw can profit. I suggest backing up what you need then fdr it. You'll be happier with a fresh phone

I notice you hate on Verizon a lot. if I may ask why are you still a customer of a company you hate and don't trust? Anyway you got the answer partly right. Money. These "bloatware" is what keeps the cost of the phone $100 less than it otherwise would be. Maybe carriers should sell bloatware free version for $100 more and let's see which version sells more.

0 Likes