international data usage
ldow85

I called Verizon to inform them that I would be traveling to Italy for six weeks, and I purchased the international data plan to only use in emergencies and rely on WiFi the rest of the time. For some reason, my device is saying that I have used a lot more data than I know I actually have, because I have only taken my phone off of airplane mode twice, and both times I checked my data usage afterward and it was minimal. The "MyVerizon" app won't connect when I'm on WiFi, but I checked my account on the website and it says I've used 171MB of data (I only bought 100 MB of international data) which I know is incorrect... Any ideas??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: international data usage
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Did you remember to turn off auto-update on your apps?  Cloud syncing (automatic photo uploads, data backup, etc.)?  Visual voicemail?  Apps that subscribe to data sources like magazines, newspapers, etc.?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Did you remember to turn off auto-update on your apps?  Cloud syncing (automatic photo uploads, data backup, etc.)?  Visual voicemail?  Apps that subscribe to data sources like magazines, newspapers, etc.?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Idow85, let's solve this mystery! Anytime airplane mode is turned on, data floods through in the system whether it is emails or automatic application updates. Did you by chance review the online My Verizon data details to review sessions and to see what specific dates & times the data appears incorrect? Keep us posted so we can dive deeper.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes