Re: is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?
TeriandJim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I only have 300 contacts but I was having the same issue. And, when you open it to edit it, addresses and numbers are duplicated multiple times. I think I have found a fix finally. I've been trying all kinds of work arounds for quite some time. Here's what I did and it seems to have solved the problem. It's a pain in the butt, but it worked across all 3 of my devices.

1. Export your contacts to a  .vcf file

2. Turn off cloud backup

3. Delete all contacts

4. On your pc login to vzw cloud and delete all contacts

5. Import contacts back into your device. Duplicate contacts will hopefully be gone.

6. Go thru all your contacts and make all the corrections to duplicated information (in my case, it was duplicated addresses and notes, some as many as 18 times)

7. Export your contacts to a .vcf file again, and then email yourself that new file

8. Once again delete all your contacts

9. Import the new, fixed file back into your device

10. On your computer, save the file you emailed to yourself.

11. Login to. VZW cloud again and upload the .vcf file to your contacts there.

12. Confirm that the contacts uploaded

13. On your device, turn cloud backup back on.

Now that your cloud and your device (phone) have exactly the same information, everything should begin working properly. Things have been working fine for me for going on a week now.

0 Likes
Re: is there someone that can help me with Verizon cloud? The cloud has over 3000 contacts but that is because it has duplicated my contacts 3 times... how do I merge or delete duplicates on the cloud?
TeriandJim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I forgot something.

If you're scared to delete your contacts on cloud before you're sure...... You can switch steps 4 & 5.

0 Likes