Re: kit kat - bad news
StevenPortland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was really bad about my kit kat update this weekend.  I unplugged my Razr M at 6:00 AM on Saturday.  Only used the phone for 10 minutes and yet the battery was drained by noon.  Same thing happened on Sunday.

After lots of searching I found one posting that solved my problems.  No idea if this is the problem for other people.

Go into wifi-settings.  Then go through the list of networks that your phone has stored up and click on each one.  When the details screen pops up, click the "forget" button.  I deleted 20+ wifi profiles leaving only my home wifi and my work wifi in the list.

I also then went into the wi-fi advanced settings and checked on the box labeled "Avoid Poor Connections".   I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

The day after making these changes, I unplugged my phone at 5:30 AM and at 8:00 PM it still had battery power.  Today I unplugged it at 6:00 AM and haven't used it yet.  It is now nearly 2:00 PM and my battery is at 68%.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you had so many issues after your software update StevenPortlan. I know this is frustrating but we are here to help. Are you having any issues with any of your apps? If so, I recommend removing them temporarily until this issue is resolved. Have you performed a hard reset on your device? Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It looks like the OP is having issues with Pre Installed Apps which cannot be removed

0 Likes
StevenPortland
Enthusiast - Level 2

About 10 days ago my phone automatically downloaded and installed a new update.  In the process, Swype and some other apps were removed and needed to be reinstalled.  The UI looks different, that's the main reason I can tell something changed.  My battery life is much better now.  Strangely, my "About Phone" screen shows Android version 4.4.2 still, with a build date of July 29th.  I assume this is a newer build date than I had previously when 4.4.2 gave me such poor battery life.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Correct. the one that was on their had an earlier build date and this was to address some bugs

0 Likes