lag, battery drain, and Bluetooth crashes after 5.0 update to Galaxy s5
cleveralias
Enthusiast - Level 2

after updating to lollipop, my galaxy s5 has actually become worse. first thing I did following the update was performed a factory reset, knowing a clean install is always the best way to go.

ever since the update battery life has been abysmal, with the two main perpetrators being Android OS and Android system.

additionally the phone will rapidly overheat when doing things like surfing the internet.

another fun new problem is bluetooth connections are very shaky and occasionally Bluetooth just turns itself off (crashes)

Lag is ridiculous as well. a great example of this is prior to the update when I said "okay Google" it would immediately beep allowing me to speak a command. With lollipop when I do the same thing I can literally count to 2 or more before I am allowed to enter a command.

some performance games can be achieved by rebooting your phone every few hours which means there is likely a memory leak somewhere in the operating system.

Google has already released a couple of patches for lollipop. When can we expect to receive these?

Labels (1)
Re: lag, battery drain, and Bluetooth crashes after 5.0 update to Galaxy s5
B33
Legend

Just keep Looking for em that's about all you can do. I know that isn't much to go on but in situations as these the companies being the three Google, Samsung and Verizon once an OS like Lollipop is pushed out to the Customers and the customers have issues they have to Look at what is the True issues and the False and weed out the false and then start working on solutions to fix the issues one's are seeing in there phones..

That is why being a Long time Cellphone user I hold off any update no matter how they may or may not be the big next thing I set on what I have as long as my phone's are working in good order..

To find out when something may be released Look here on the Forum or follow one of the sources like Droid Life.. Hope that helps.. b33

Re: lag, battery drain, and Bluetooth crashes after 5.0 update to Galaxy s5
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I always wait 3 months and sometimes I just don't upgrade at all.