lastest system update breaks wifi WEP encryption Moto Z 2 Force
mac1_131

looks like the latest system update NDX26.183-15 breaks wifi WEP encryption (or maybe no longer supports it?)

this sucks as several place I go still use WEP.  I know they should be using WPA but they don't

the WEP wifi connections just try to connect over and over and eventually say "disabled" which I have never seen before

if I change my router to no encryption or WPA, it seems to work fine

is there any way to fix this or to uninstall the system update that broke it?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lastest system update breaks wifi WEP encryption Moto Z 2 Force
mac1_131

another update on this, looks like WPA is affected too.  they actually connect, but then start bouncing continuously.

so wifi totally broken after this update?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wep is old school & not supported & wa always the easiest to break.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mac1_131, we here at Verizon Wireless have not heard any word here about WEP’s demise on the Moto Z 2 Force. I still see it in the troubleshooting guides over at Motorola’s website (http://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/122327 ) .
Have you been able to duplicate its inability to connect to WEP in more than one location? On the possibility that it’s router related, have your reset your router to factory settings?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you want to keep using your phone change to wpa with a password.

0 Likes