latest verizon update for LG g6 VS98820c, terrible battery life now
thecattylady

Got the latest update from Verizon a few days ago. Battery life has now dramatically decreased and some of my apps are crashing especially Weather Underground. This morning the UI crashed. I have restarted a number of times, deleted and reinstalled Weather Underground. Anyone else having issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: latest verizon update for LG g6 VS98820c, terrible battery life now
willhelp2
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you get the update for the operating system, your apps should be updated as well. If your apps are updated before the issue, check Play Store again just to make sure there is no app updates available. If apps are updated and the issue still persists, then I would recommend downloading the My Verizon app. From this app, register your account if needed. Click the 3 lines on the top left. Select Devices. Tap on manage on your device. Tap Run Health Check. If the Battery has an exclamation point, then the app found some issues. Tap on Battery if it does have an exclamation point. Tap on the first item with exclamation point. Follow the instructions provided. Then go back to previous screen. Tap on the next item if there's more than one. Follow instructions again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with battery and apps crashing, thecattylady. It's important that your phone is fully functional at all times and I'm here to help. willhelp2 had some fantastic suggestions. Were you able to try out those recommendations? Also, how much free space is left on the phone? You can check by going to settings, storage and checking the "internal storage".

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thecattylady

Thanks. I had done all of that. Emptying the cache seems to be helping.

Today there is an update for Weather Underground so hopefully that will do

the trick. But Kindle crashed and I don't even use it.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

thecattylady wrote:

Emptying the cache seems to be helping. Weather Underground has an update

today. But Kindle crashed and I don't even use it.

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018, 19:31 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

disable the kindle app

0 Likes