lg g2 update problem
otakugamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I started the update just fine it Finnish the 1st part fine. Now as I'm going to start the 2nd part when I go to system update it says "unfortunately settings has stopped working" and I've tried powering it down to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg g2 update problem
keithbinsc
Enthusiast - Level 1

i ended up doing a backup then a factory reset. got everything upgraded. phone seems to be doing fine so far. pain in the ass reloading everything.....

View solution in original post

keithbinsc
Enthusiast - Level 1

having the same problem

0 Likes
lgg2seattle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this as well. What happened is that the 2nd part of the update showed up in Notification Panel. Slid down the panel and then I was able to tap on the message and got it to download that way.

0 Likes
HCESCTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both updates ran successfully for me, but now when I go to Settings> System updates, I get "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."  Was wanting to go ahead and manually run the Lollipop update.

0 Likes
keithbinsc
Enthusiast - Level 1

i ended up doing a backup then a factory reset. got everything upgraded. phone seems to be doing fine so far. pain in the ass reloading everything.....

Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you downloaded both updates HCES, then you should already be on Lollipop. The message that you referring to is showing up on devices after the first part. Second part of the update for me showed in Notification Panel. I had to access the 2nd part that way.

0 Likes
HCESCTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, not on Lollipop so obviously the second update didn't complete.  It was there in the Notification Panel and I thought I started it.  It has been running sluggish and I was about to reset it anyway.  I'll do that, start fresh and let you know what happens.

HCESCTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did same a keithbinsc: reset, update, reload.  PIA, but gave me a chance to go through all the new features in Lollipop.

Snn5
Legend

Yep, best method is back up reset install new OS.  100% battery as well.

0 Likes