lg v30 how to disable factory reset after 10 failed attempts to unlock device
alex14

Hello,

using screen pin lock to protect a phone from my 2yo son.

a week ago all data was deleted after he tried to log in 10 times.

Does anybody know how to disable this feature on my phone?

Thank you,

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg v30 how to disable factory reset after 10 failed attempts to unlock device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to keep your personal information secure, alex14. When small kids are around, that can definitely mean avoiding an unwanted factory reset. At this time, there is no way to have a PIN without having the device wipe after a given number of bad passcode attempts. One option you could consider is using passcode protection on certain folders and applications, while leaving the device itself unlocked.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: lg v30 how to disable factory reset after 10 failed attempts to unlock device
CapnTuna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem but happening while it's in my pocket. 3 times now! Adding two step verification may be a solution but talk about a pain in the butt everytime I want to use my phone! Since this thread is a couple years old now, has any feature been added to stop my phone from being reset in my pocket? I am already diligent about turning the screen off before hand. Thanks. (I have Samsung A42 5G)

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes