lollipop update
cowboygriffin94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any ideas when the Motorola droid ultra will be getting the lollipop update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lollipop update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing official has been announced yet, other than the phone should receive the update, i.e.,

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
cowboygriffin94
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just curious because it is supposed to increase the battery life by about 2-4 hours with the new ART architecture , would love more battery life

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Placebo with the memory leak bug. Be glad it isn't released right now until that's fixed.

B33
Legend

Just to pass on getting updated to a new OS is nice but there can be issues in OS's when there released and can sometimes linger for a while after there released therefor I tend to hold off for at least 3 to 4 or up to 6 months just make sure I see that the OS is doing good in other customer's Devices or from reports from Droid Life or other credible sources..

But the OS has to get here first   I'm waiting patiently as well to see how it's going to affect the phones that get it..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

just an example of the bug.  There are other bugs, but this one has the most "stars"

Issue 79729 - android - Memory Leak on Lollipop crashing Apps - Android Open Source Project - Issue ...

So just relax a bit, and wait for Google to fix this problem.  Sometimes it's not always good to be "first"

cowboygriffin94
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK your right it would drive me nuts to deal with all those bugs

Tidbits
Legend

That's the main bug driving me crazy on my Nexus 5, 6, and my Moto X.  I actually downgraded all 3 of them to KitKat because of that bug specifically.  Any battery gains from 5.0 is negated because of this bug.  I actually got less than what I had before.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cowboygriffin94, sorry. No confirmation or release date has been provided to us yet. However, you can stay tuned for upcoming software updates here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O  ouch.! 

0 Likes