lollipop upgrade is TOTAL CRAP.
ktr97230
Enthusiast - Level 1

two software upgrades seemed to complete this a.m. but my S4 keeps getting stuck on the red Verizon screen won't reboot removed battery twice keep getting frozen in the same spot. so i effectively just upgraded to a phone that doesn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lollipop upgrade is TOTAL CRAP.
tonyag9
Enthusiast - Level 1

That happened to me too!  No worries all you have to do is wipe the cache partition - super fast and easy, and you lose no data!!! Smiley Happy 

This is how you do it (in case you don't know):

Turn off your phone. After the phone is completely off, you need the following key combination to boot the smartphone:

Press and hold:

• Power On / Off

• Volume up

• Home-Button

It will vibrate once, then release the Power On/ Off button but keep the other two keys pressed until a boot menu appears on the display.

Now mark the entry "Wipe Cache partition" with the volume down button. Then hit the power button to choose that selection.  This function takes only a few seconds. Then the previously displayed menu reappears. Now select the first entry with "reboot system now" and run the command again with a press of the Power button. Your phone should now   reboot and start your Android OS.  For me, I had to do a battery pull and restart twice, but then all was well Smiley Happy

ktr97230
Enthusiast - Level 1

LOL thanks for the info. now i just gotta find a hot minute in this crazy busy day to do it.

0 Likes
tonyag9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck!  It's a super fast fix Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ktr97230
Enthusiast - Level 1

huh. ran the wipe cache partition routine twice, still wasn't working. took out my sd card before attempting factory reset and voila all of a sudden it's working fine. smh.

0 Likes