lost contacts when I deleted an email account
joatmo

I recently changed jobs. I deleted the email account from my previous job. When I did this all of my contacts disappeared. Is there a way to get them back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lost contacts when I deleted an email account
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

^The symptoms indicate that the contacts were linked with the Google account that you removed. The only way to get them back would be to re-add the account to the Android device. Once you do that you could try using a 3rd party service to sync the contacts, and then you'd be able to safely delete the Google account again.

0 Likes
Re: lost contacts when I deleted an email account
dknlsn

I have the same problem, but cannot re-add the account because I am no longer with the company and my password no longer works.  I have my contacts (and images) backed up with wirefly and I can see that they are there, but it looks like the contacts retain their link and therefore will not display even if I choose to display "All Contacts".  I should be able to retrieve the contacts one by one from wirefly with the vCard option, but both the vCard and jpeg files are either corrupt or blocked in some way.  Wirefly can read a file they download.  Neither Wirefly nor I can read a file I download.  They are working on it!!!  

0 Likes