lost returned device
vladG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anybody have an issue with returned device then Verizon provided improper return tracking number and after it insisted that they did not receive device and did not have any proof that device was returned even we provided a return tracking number?

In the middle of December 2011 my daughter started to experience some problem with text messaging and immediately contacted to Verizon rep regarding that issue. Since she had insurance for her phone, the representative processed the device exchange procedure and on Dec 15th sent to her home address a working device with return shipping label  generated by Verizon and USPS on Dec 15

My daughter received a package from Verizon on Dec 18 or 19, put the old device into provided package, put shipping label and shipped the package via USPS.

Fortunately she saved a copy of shipping label with the tracking number that, as she was thinking, associated with her package. From the end

of December we started to get messages from Verizon that device was not receive yet. My daughter contacted Verizon immediately, provided a return tracking information and was advised to ignore messages since it is pretty common to have a shipping package delay. Also she was informed that warehouse also can have some delay to process received devices.

This kind of process (text message from Verizon, call of my daughter, advising from Verizon do not worry) continued almost a month till I started to investigate this issue.

Finally:

1.  We found out that the Tracking number provided to my daughter by Verizon  is associated with a different package that was received by Texas warehouse on Dec 06th, 2011 and definitely the device in that package has nothing with my account.

2.    Since Verizon provided an invalid return tracking number there is no way to trace a shipped package even my daughter has a physical evidence of the shipment. Verizon representative just ignored it.

3.    Verizon reps are staying that they could not allocate a shipped device in warehouse based on MEID and are treating this fact as an evidence that device was not shipped at all.

4.    We are staying that the defected device was sent back to Verizon thru USPS and we were followed the standard Verizon procedure (device was packed in received box, all labels were put on the box and it was dropped in closest USPS office) to ship it. Before shipment my daughter tried to return a defected device to Verizon store but they did not accept it.

5.    All this nightmare has happened because the initial tracking provided by Verizon was invalid and right now there is no way to trace this device. I am assuming that the shipped device was somehow lost in warehouse.

Now everything become a nightmare. I am feeling offended by Verizon reps that call me during the day or send text messages to force me to pay for a missing device.

I am thinking to send complaint to FCC and top Verizon management to see results. If nothing happened I will return the new device, buy something on craiglist and leave Verizon after my contract is expired (in few months)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lost returned device
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I thought Verizon used Fed-Ex for shipping.  Are you completely positive it was a USPS package?

0 Likes
vladG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I still have a tracking label with tracking that includes 8 numbers generated by Verizon and the rest generated by USPS.

Actually yesterday, after 3 months of knocking to the stone wall of Verizon's customer service, I wrote the letter where I described the whole situation and emailed that letter directly to top Verizon executives. In hour I got a phone call from some executive representative with apology for all troubles I experienced during last few months and he processes a full refund on my account.

The issue is solved. It's not the right way, since the case is pretty clear and it should be solved by customer service but unfortunately Verizon works this way if the disputed amount increase $100. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Unless the return is a new for new swap, VZW is using USPS for all other swaps.

0 Likes
just_aguy

vladG, did your daughter get a receipt from USPS when she returned the phone?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

In the last couple years, I've had 4 CLNRs (across 2 lines) and ordered 3 devices, along with a couple accessories and they have all come FedEx (as well as the return labels).  Maybe it varies by location?

0 Likes
miltsod
Enthusiast - Level 1

vladG,  I have a very similar circumstance.  Nobody at Verizon seems to be able to help me and can not even tell me what there policies are when they loose your device.  Who did you contact at Verizon that actually got things moving?

vladG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent my complaint letter  to the following Verizon executives I found on internet (some of email addresses were dead) :

lowell.mcadam@verizon.com; daniel.mead@verizon.com; sandra.o.moose@verizon.com; melanie.l.healey@verizon.com; sandra.moose@verizon.com; melanie.healey@verizon.com; william.kula@verizon.com; bob.elek@verizon.com; ellen.yu@verizon.com and salvatore.tedesco@verizon.com (he is a customer relations manager). Actually it was not clear from whom did I get a phone call in hour but that person removed all my charges immediately.

Good luckSmiley Happy

MZTDUB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay over $300 a month for service with them.  I have been working to locate that phone i sent back since 6/2012.  I call in at least 1x a month and speak to various supervisors.   If i dont get credit back by 6/2013 im gone to another carrier.  Thats bull!!  This appears to be a scam!

Numasl
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vladG I’m having the same issue now. What email did you email? I’ve been doing this back and forth since December 2020 with them

0 Likes