mail has stopped unexpectedly on HTC one 9
fls61

Every time I try to type a response email or compose a new email message, the Mail program crashes and gives me an error message saying, "Mail has stopped unexpectedly.  Would you like to send an error report to HTC?  This will help us improve our products".  This may help HTC but does nothing to help me. I understand this was a problem in the past associated with Android System Webview, but it appears HTC fixed that since the Webview app is disabled on my phone and I'm not able to remove.  I believe this is another more recent problem from reading the comments for the HTC Mail app on the Google App Store.  Any help is much appreciated. 

Frank

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mail has stopped unexpectedly on HTC one 9
bearone21
Legend

re-boot the phone!!

0 Likes
fls61

Ok. I restarted the phone a few times now.  Deleted the email account and re-set up the account.  Cleared the cache and data.  Still a problem.

0 Likes
PROWALLGUY

I have this exact same problem, just started yesterday March 13th 2018.

When this happened before, several months ago, I disabled webview, and it solved the problem. But now, Android system webview is disabled, and it won't let me enable it. If I disable chrome, then enable webview, I can compose, reply to emails, etc. But now my browser is gone. 😕

If I enable chrome browser, it automatically disables webview, and my email app is broken again.

I hope a fix for this happens quickly, I use my phone for work and being unable to reply to emails is very frustrating .

0 Likes
fls61

Very helpful. I disabled Chrome and it shows Webview is now enabled. I’m fine with Chrome disabled since I typically use Firefox for my browser. I can now reply and compose new emails without crashing.

Thank you! Much appreciate the help.

0 Likes
PROWALLGUY

I'm glad that helped you, but I use chrome as my browser, and have bookmarks set up I use often. I'm hoping Verizon or HTC comes out with a fix for this asap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand both email and access to the internet is important to you, PROWALLGUY. Considering what happens when you have enabled webview, I can see why you would feel frustrated. I would recommend sending an error report to HTC at your earliest convenience to ensure this is escalated properly. Having to switch back and forth can definitely be tedious. Thinking outside the box, with webview enabled are you able to download and use any other browser besides chrome? Or does this issue occur regardless of browser used? Also, can you please confirm the make/model of your phone along with the software version? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SOLDIERGIRLMP

I was having the same issue and was able to uninstall the last Google Chrome update (two weeks ago) in the App manager and that fixed the issue with the mail.  I then clicked on the Google Chrome icon and re-installed it but did not link in to my gmail accounts and my mail is still working.  Hopefully this will help you too.

0 Likes
plummerl

Based on comments on the web, the HTC Mail update on 28 March has fixed the issue with Chrome.

THE ISSUE NOW IS THAT WITH MY HTC ONE M9, GOOGLE PLAY DECLARES THAT MY "DEVICE (HTC6535lvw) ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION"!!!!!!!

Seriously??? Is this because it's showing as a Verizon model???

Sometimes I'm ashamed to admit that I'm a software engineer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re glad to hear that the recent update solved the issue you were having with Chrome, plummerl. We’re still here to help, and want to gather some additional details. Can you elaborate more on what application you’re receiving this new error message with?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes