Re: mail has stopped unexpectedly on HTC one 9
plummerl

You misunderstood my statement! I was saying that it appears to have fixed the problem for most people.

Trying to update my phone with Google Play, the HTC Mail APP is now not in the list of installed APPs! Further investigation has revealed that HTC issued the update (Version 10.70.1031252) on March 28 to correct the problem with the Chrome update.

With this update, they have included in the manifest for the update that it requires a minimum platform version of 8.0.0 (OREO). The One M9 is currently at 7.0, so the update cannot be installed with Google Play! If you go directly to www.play.google.com/store, on the HTC MAIL page, if your account is associated with your HTC One M9, you will get:

This app is incompatible with your device.

The future of my HTC One M9 appears to have been terminated. Nice way to maintain the income revenue.

0 Likes
Re: mail has stopped unexpectedly on HTC one 9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your preference in applications. If the app is no longer supported under the current software, the HTC Mail App would be inaccessible except in the event of Oreo being made available to your device.

An alternative solution would be an app such as Inbox by Gmail, which you can learn more about here: http://spr.ly/6586DZmyK Is this a viable alternative?

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes