messages from Verizon 900080004005 ???
doreenk2z
Enthusiast - Level 1

why did I get text messages re my data from 900080004005 also when I called *611 to check the data it shows up as this # ( saying I called Turkey)??? (the message actually state that on one of my cell # we went over data allowance and we were no where near the limit(also got email from them 

stating the same thing. What's this all about. 

Labels (1)
Re: messages from Verizon 900080004005 ???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doreenk2z,

I understand your concern about getting a text from an unfamiliar source. We do from time to time, send information regarding your account from numbers that begin with 90008. If you prefer not to get this info, it can be disabled under Alerts if you login at vzw.com/myverizon. This likely was sent in error, based on the information you're providing. If you have any further concerns, please reply back to this  thread.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hardtogetresponse
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is a really lame response.  Verizon should be able to explain why they send text messages that reflect the source number as the Turkey country code +90.  This is also happening with the newly introduced two factor authentication texts.  Shutting off notification is not a response.  With all the scamming going on,  Verizon should explain why this is happening so clients know it is not from a scam action.

Patzoldfred
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is not an answer!

0 Likes