moto g6 known doesn't show when i get incoming call
chunkoplenty

Greetings, Moto g6. Problem:  just my moms contact isn't being recognized as her, just the phone # shows.  The contact pic isn't there or her name.  Problem is i think that's why the do not disturb feature doesn't let the call ring through, even though its a starred contact and should.  The contact app doesn't see the call as from coming from her. My other contacts work as they should, showing any associated pic and name.  This started with this phone and i need the DND feature to work, so i can sleep free of notifications and other calls, but still get her calls in an emergency.  Verizon and Motorola chat not helpful at all.  thanks for any help, scott

PS, I'm being forced to choose a board to put this in and there is no good option for g6 , I'll put it in a moto phone board, although it's not exactly the best place, sorry.

0 Likes
Re: moto g6 "known contact" doesn't show when i get incoming call
chunkoplenty

Just to put a pin in this, after trying everthing under the sun for 6 hours, i thought to delete my moms contact and use her phone to call me, i then told the phone to save this number as a new contact.  That did the trick, now my phone recognizes the number as my mom and shows her pic, also now since it recognizes her number, it lets the number ring through when in the "do not disturb" mode at night.  Hope this might help someone else in the future, cheers, scott.

0 Likes