my cell phone is calling me, any idea why?
KARSNE55

I am receiving calls from my cell phone number, and it's baffling. Does anyone have an idea why? I answered one call but felt funny about it, so I called support and was told my calls were forwarded. Support said that they stopped the forwarding of my calls and not to answer the calls if I receive anymore. I was also told to check my Verizon when this happens and do a stop calls forward; I have no clue as to how to do this. Anyone else having this problem and if so, how can I prevent it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my cell phone is calling me, any idea why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely your number was spoofed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly confusing when you get a call from your own phone number, KARSNE55. I'm happy to shed some light on this. Ann154 has a great suggestion as your number may have been spoofed. Here's more on the topic from the FCC: http://spr.ly/6589Df2FD Also, as you mentioned, it's also possible that call forwarding was turned on and then way to disable that is to call *73 from your phone. You will hear some beeps and then you can end the call. On certain phones you may get a prompt asking if you want to disable call forwarding which you would want to agree to. Does this response help clarify?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KARSNE55

My phone called me a few times after the cl forwarding was supposed to have been stopped.  I am not understanding how my number is spoofed.  Hopefully I can prevent it if i figure out how to it happens.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
KARSNE55

Thank you,  i just filed a complaint. 

0 Likes
demeyer1

They say they're from Verizon and doing an upgrade to 5g in my area, and need my zip code and to inform me there will be a brief disruption of service.

0 Likes