my motorola droid 4 has no internet conection. no 4g.use to have it all the time
hfg501
Enthusiast - Level 1

my motorola droid 4 has no internet conection. no 4g.use to have it all the time . my wifes phone is a motorola bionic it has 4g laying on same table. is there a setting that could have been changed

Labels (1)
Re: my motorola droid 4 has no internet conection. no 4g.use to have it all the time
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the network connection by turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then reinserting the SIM card and turning the phone back on?  If that doesn't work, you might try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

Re: my motorola droid 4 has no internet conection. no 4g.use to have it all the time
SglGrma

i have had this same problem for over a month now and i think i have found the fix on a samsung forum finally!!!

Dial *#*#4636#*#*

Click phone info, then scroll down to directly above the button "turn off radio". That is a drop down menu, click it and choose "LTE ONLY".

Back out to main menu, then scroll down and click "WI-FI INFORMATION". 

Click "WI-FI STATS", then Click "REFRESH STATS". Back out to main screen.

when you turn on your WI-FI ...it should stay on as well as if you just use your 4G connection.

i found this about 2 hours ago after being so frustrated that i was seriously going to destroy my phone and call verizon in the morning to break my contract. i am now hopeful that i will start enjoying my phone again!!! As i have tried both ways out and so far...there is no disconnect...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a good find.. I'll have a look on my Razr Maxx are you running the J.B. O.S. SglGrma ?   b

0 Likes
SglGrma

I am running jelly bean 4.1. ....its the worst is ever....but if this find actually works in other places other than where I am sitting right now....I will kiss the ground...I am so hoping that maybe being able to stay on Wi-Fi as well...my battery drain will slow down......time will tell....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea i understand some of the frustrations that's out there for some).  Me and a friend  we've been running Jelly Bean for a while now on our Razr Maxx's and so far i'v had very minimal issues and my friend says he has None). I'v been streaming Slacker since 8:00pm last night and not had one hick-up i'm currently using the Network but i have used my Wi-Fi i have a NetGear N600 and it streams out really good for my Razr Maxx and this is while i'm on-line on the computer actually there's been a time or two i really pushed the Router hard i was running my Computer on Line 1 had my Wii on and connected to Line 2 and my two Razr Maxx's streaming off of it Via the routers Wireless.. And it was running with out a sweat..

0 Likes
SglGrma

I was a part of the test phase with jelly bean 4.1 as well as ice cream before then. there were days I just wished I never updated to 4.1 .....you can search for my postings about how bad this version is on several different forums....but now a lot of it I got used to....except for the battery drain and the 4g / WiFi disconnections that I am now dealing with. I read somewhere a little bit ago that a lot of the battery drain was because of the constant searching for a signal this phone was doing now. I would unplug my phone at 6 am....and by 12 pm noon...I would have a drained battery 10% left....and I would not even of used it for anything ... no calls, no internet....no syncing emails....no texting...(except if my county sent me a weather alert)! so now I am back to testing to see if things change....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I see.. that's kind of Cool getting to be part of the of the Test i thought of trying out for it but I let it pass since i have two Razr Maxx's I have one on J.B. and one still on ICS it's kind of like the flavors of Ice Cream do it want chocolate or vanilla for me seeing to two different OS work in there different ways it's kind of eye opener what i can do with apps on J.B. from what i can do with those same apps on ICS..

I ran the same pattern when i first got my Razr's they came with Ginger Bread i updated my one Razr to ICS then to J.B. and left Ginger on the other one Right up to needing to switch to ICS and as for two OS i liked the heck out of Ginger and ICS but i guess i wanted to take the plunge and go J.B. on my no. 2 Razr but before i installed it i Cleared the phone with a System Cache Followed be a F.R. then installed J.B. using my Wi-Fi and a full battery far sure).  I have at times seen the battery on my J.B. Go down quite fast but then there are times it reacts just as my one with ICS so i don't know..

As i mentioned in my earlier Post i'm still streaming Slacker and it's 4:49am and my battery just went to were i had to hook it up as for the Temperature it's running at 89.6 degrees.. Cool as Cucumber my CPU Activity is setting at 19 to 20% User / Idle is a 72 to 80% CPU clock is running @ 488 to about 532 MHz it hard to get a firm number on that as it swings here to there.. I'm using System Panel to keep an eye on the Activity..  Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
my motorola droid 4 has no internet conection. no 4g.use to have it all the time
SglGrma

Well after being so pissed off at this phone.... on top of all the other issues... my ear piece speaker died on me! I took it in to the store yesterday finally, and they replaced my phone under warranty.

I spoke to the young man about the 4g and wi-fi issue dropping and not holding a signal... he said that I was the first one that ever told him that! ... I told him he needed to research the issue online as it is all over the place...

Bottom line... take the phone into the store and have them replace it. I am back up and running on my home wi-fi system for 3 hours now and it is not flickering as before... knock on wood!

0 Likes
Cooldude61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, That did the trick for me!!