Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has wrong time

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my time is incorrect on my phone
DannySpleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed the incorrect time on Sunday (3/8). I was able to temporarily correct that by changing the settings, de-selecting "Automatic time zone." I was then able to correct the time. I did not notice that many (not all) of my calendar entries had moved and hour earlier until Monday (3/9).

My settings now have "Automatic date and time" and "utomatic time zone" selected, and the time is correct. But, many of my calendar entries are still off by an hour (they appear one hour earlier than the time they are scheduled for). All is fine in Outlook/Exchange on my computer and my iPad; it is only on my phone that the entries are off.

-Dan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Phone model?

0 Likes
MbyM
Enthusiast - Level 1

same thing happened to me. I googled it and it said to turn the phone to airplane mode for a few seconds and then back. That did fix my time, however the next day I noticed that all my calendar appointments are now off by an hour and I haven't figured out how to change it yet!!!!

DannySpleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem; all of my calendar events are off (early) by an hour; they're still correct on my Exchange system. I live in Arizona, which (other than the Navajo reservation) does not observe daylight savings. Verizon should know this.

I really need to fix my calendar events as it's causing havoc with work. Any ideas?

0 Likes
MbyM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up deleting my events one at a time and re entering them. I also went into the settings in calendar and checked the box that said NOT to change the time zone even if I go into a new zone. I gave up trying to find a way for it to fix itself. I tried everything. I changed the time zone on  my phone manually and in the calendar app and nothing worked. I have the Samsung galaxy S5 BTW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannySpleen,

Let's get that clock ticking right.  We know how important the calendar is for our customers so they can stay on track with important life events.  I want to make sure you no longer have to worry about your events being off schedule.  When did this start occurring? Please provide billing zip code to review area.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DannySpleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed the incorrect time on Sunday (3/8). I was able to temporarily correct that by changing the settings, de-selecting "Automatic time zone." I was then able to correct the time. I did not notice that many (not all) of my calendar entries had moved and hour earlier until Monday (3/9).

My settings now have "Automatic date and time" and "utomatic time zone" selected, and the time is correct. But, many of my calendar entries are still off by an hour (they appear one hour earlier than the time they are scheduled for). All is fine in Outlook/Exchange on my computer and my iPad; it is only on my phone that the entries are off.

-Dan

0 Likes
DannySpleen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and I'm in zip 86005. The Automatic Time Zone displays as "Mountain Standard Time," not as "Arizona" (which most devices will show).

0 Likes
sykeward

I had a similar problem.  I noticed two weeks ago, March 21, that the time on my phone was a hour slow.  When I tried to reach verizon, of course, I got no help.  Some nimrod at a store told me to disable the automatic time setting, which I did and I manually set the time.

Late last week I noticed that my calendar on my phone was off by an hour but on my computer it was fine.  Still no help from verizon.  Their tech support leave a lot to be desired.

I went into my time settings and noticed that the phone thinks I'm in a different time zone, so I reset the time zone to the correct time zone and re-enabled all the automatic settings.  Now my calendar on my phone is correct.

I think there was a glitch when we went into daylight savings time.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you resurrect a five year old thread to ask your question instead of creating a new question or replying to a much more recent thread? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes