Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
need help
Konibradley1

I had to do a factory reset on my HTC and now it won't read 4g LTE it only reads 3g. How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: need help
efrommel

Thats what I'm kinda worried about.I LOVE my phonen last thing I'd want to do is reset it. I have not not dthe update yet, but also having similar problem.I show 4G but my signal strength has dramatically dropped some time this past couple weeks, I've always had 4 bars, good portion I have 5, but now won't go over 3. ??? No changes in my residence or anything new downloaded, any answers of why, did all the normal diagnostics.I Value Verizon extremely for the fact of always having a great signal. Thank you

0 Likes
efrommel

But stop in a Verizon store and since you already had to reset it they'll be able to factory restore it to get your 4G back

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

efrommel, I want to make sure that everything is alright. A factory reset should not cause any negative issues with signals. When you are outside, do you notice an increase in signal?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
efrommel

You can do a factory reset from home to. Just go to your settings, scroll down to "Backup & Reset ", choose "Factory Reset" this takes it back to like it just came outta the box, it WILL ERASE ALL data, personal info, anything that the phone did not come with. You have to hit it twice to confirm that what you really want.   "Reset Settings" only puts back defaults l really don't think that would help in this case, there also an option for ''Automatic Restore" that won't do the trick because anything that got backed up or saved it just reloads it.

0 Likes
efrommel

Correct a reset I don't think would fix the issue, no there is no change in signal strength inside vs outside.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes