network extender samsung galaxy 7 edge
DavidCole
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Verizon/Samsung Network extender that I needed with my old phone, HTC One Max.  I could enter a combination of key strokes to tell the phone to use the extender when in range.( #48)

With the new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge, I get an error message when trying to link to the extender saying I am not under 4G LTE network extender coverage.  How to I accomplish this?  Is there a software upgrade for the extender or is there a new model I can trade for? (Verizon provided the extender free of charge because my home seems to be directly between 2 cells and the HTC didn't know which cell to attach to when I was home.

David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network extender samsung galaxy 7 edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DavidCole,

Help is here! We want nothing more for you to be able to stay connected while at home. Are there others in your home that are having trouble connecting to the network extender? What color LED lights are lit up on the network extender?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: network extender samsung galaxy 7 edge
bearone21
Legend

the phone should select which of the signals is stronger but the towers are directional & if you are on the backside of the signal, you're not receiving that tower.

the network range extender is extending the wi-fi signal & 4g lte doesn't come into play.

i tie into my son's extender(even though the verizon service map says 4g lte....ha ha) by accessing his at&t extender.

0 Likes