new software
ejlmorris

I do not want the new software and I will not download it. How do you get it off. I do not appriciate it popping up every 5 minutes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new software
Klue
Master - Level 1

Whether or not you want the new update, sooner or later the phone will self install it for you. This is what happened to me, after a couple of months of hitting the back buttons after each time I got the notification, the phone installed it during a battery recharge.  Luck would have it I don't have any problems in fact the phone works better than before. I think I lucked out because my phone was almost stock except for 5 apps that I put on.

If I had a phone that was heavily personalized with a lot of apps, I think I would do a factory reset before I did the update to minimize any software conflicts that could happen with the OS update. Remember that there are only a very small percentage of people that develop problems after an upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ejlmorris,

I would be happy to answer your question for you. The software updates when available are going to prompt you to download them. They are there to enhance your experience with your phone. What is your hesitation with downloading it?

StevenR_VZW
Follow us at Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a guess but perhaps the countless unsolved complaints? Wish I had never updated.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Wait, would this be an update on top of KK? That might be a good thing.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Whether or not you want the new update, sooner or later the phone will self install it for you. This is what happened to me, after a couple of months of hitting the back buttons after each time I got the notification, the phone installed it during a battery recharge.  Luck would have it I don't have any problems in fact the phone works better than before. I think I lucked out because my phone was almost stock except for 5 apps that I put on.

If I had a phone that was heavily personalized with a lot of apps, I think I would do a factory reset before I did the update to minimize any software conflicts that could happen with the OS update. Remember that there are only a very small percentage of people that develop problems after an upgrade.

0 Likes