no Nexus 5 = leaving VZW
ajcraley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really poor show to opt out of this phone.  I will be leaving big red now.  Please reply if your with me, maybe enough of a fuss will make them reconsider like they did with the Nexus 7.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no Nexus 5 = leaving VZW
Skydiver_TD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't see signing a new 2-year agreement to get a phone that is second-rate the day I get it.  I try to buy cutting edge because by the time you can upgrade again, it's ancient.  I hear T Mobile's network is pretty good in my area...

topherct
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm really considering it, and need to get rid of my aging (and now discontinued) Galaxy Nexus.  I have heard AT&T has come a long way in the last few years.

SamFasc2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. Only way to change my mind would be for Big Red to finally guarantee "Nexus" updates when Google releases them, just like every other carrier does.  I've been a verizon customer since 1994, and have never been so disgusted.

openeyed01
Enthusiast - Level 3

There sure is alot of these threads. You would think that verizon would get the message. Fortunate for me where I live att and tmobile have good service so im gonna go with aio wireless ( uses att towers ). Buh bye verizon.

0 Likes
ajcraley
Enthusiast - Level 1

thinking about going with t-mobile (although i swore i would never return to them after our break up some 8 years ago) but they are month to month so if the coverage stinks i can always go to att.  still cant find any official vzw response in any of these threads... really sad

SamFasc2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad yes that there's no official response, but not surprising. Verizon

doesn't care about us. There's enough uneducated consumers out there that

they'll make their money. It's just like incumbent politicians sure about

reelection...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus smartphone

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Go ahead and play musical carriers.

Vzw will see you when you return.

0 Likes
SamFasc2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what they're counting on, but they're dead wrong. Wireless service

is now at least one passable from all carriers that leaving is a no

brainer.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7

W3W
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've ordered the Nexus 5 for both my wife and me. We're replacing our old LG enV3 phones which we only had the lowest voice only accounts on. Looks like our Unlimited Voice/Text/Web Family plan on T-Mobile will run the about the same per month as what our limited minute voice only with verizon did. From everyone I talk to around here on T-Mobile they say the service is just fine. Sorry verizon, but it looks like this was YOUR choice.