Re: no Nexus 5 = leaving VZW
acsmashing
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for years. I got the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus to which I thought was going to be a top of the line phone. It was for a few weeks after they first released it. Then, they disallowed the use of Google Wallet which really left me jaded, but since I was stuck for another two years I had to take it anyway they gave it to me. Oh and then the updates to the Galaxy Nexus were about a half a year behind which infuriated me to no end! This was supposed to be a premium phone! Verizon, you guys are idiots for not listening to this small market segment that wants to control their own devices without bloatware. What you don't realize Verizon, is that word of mouth will travel quickly and you will lose not just guys like us who want a Nexus device, but people we have convinced as well to leave Verizon. I already have a Nexus 5 bought and as soon as I receive it, I'm walking straight into a T-Mobile shop where I don't have to get it up my rear end with a 2 year contract, and get annoyed at taking my time out of the day to delete your bloatware on a Nexus device! I travel a lot to Europe, so T-mobiles international deal really makes sense anyways even if it is just 2g speeds abroad.

chuck-wants-N5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been with VZW for over tens years. Just bought a N5 if they don't let me put it on their network I will be leaving. So sad. I was close to getting my new wife and her 3 kids on my plan as well. Straight Talk very well might be an option, I am told I can get a chip with them that uses VZW towers, going to check into that, $45 unlimited everything sounds good.

Not applicable

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57610241-94/with-nexus-5-google-finally-gets-flagship-phone-treatme...

You cannot use on Verizons network. AT&T are not carrying them but will allow their use on their network.

Good Luck

0 Likes
KickedAbyss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly.  Yes they were behind, but AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, even smaller companies are easily catching up to Verizon in markets.  And part of this is their ability to not require strong arm tactics the way Verizon has handled us.

My BIGGEST issue over the last 24 hours is the lack of ANY response from Verizon.  I called their Sales last night and the poor girl didn't even have an official response, because she didn't even KNOW about the phone.  They didn't bother even TELLING their sales teams that there was a premium phone coming out that EVERY other big carrier is supporting, except them.

It's just bad business, it goes beyond our frustration with their choices, it comes down to Verizon making a faux paus with their business.

0 Likes
zipzip143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to t mobile. See ya Verizon.

Noverator
Enthusiast - Level 3

I left for Sprint for 2 years but I came back. I saved a couple of dollars, but I just found the network less reliable.

0 Likes
zipzip143
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon were to allow it you could use them on there network. The phone supports cdma band 1. And lte band 4 which is Verizons aws lte network.

0 Likes