no sound through earpiece for motorola razr
succulent

There is no change when I plug my buds into smartphone.  The sound continues but not through the earpiece.  What can I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no sound through earpiece for motorola razr
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe only option I can see is doing a cache wipe or a hard reset. The jack has electric components. Worked on my iPad just fine. Otherwise look at replacement options. Do you have the extended warranty? If not I'm sure you can get a new upgrade now after 3 years ubless another line used your upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

try another set of headphones

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being to get sound through an earpiece to work on your Razr can be troublesome, Succulent. Let’s get to work on your Non-Smart phone being a Motorola Razr. Now this device does not have an ear phone jack. Are you sure on which device you are using? Please confirm the device you have and post it so we can look into a solution.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which exact phone model do you have?  There have been multiple devices with the name Razr in them manufactured by Motorola.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
succulent

The phone model is droid razr HD with an android version 4.4.2 and it's

3 yrs old. Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your description was a little bit vague. What happens when you plug in headphones/ear buds? Is the sound coming through the headphones or the phone? Have you tried a different set of headphones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
succulent

My husband and I have the same phone model. My phone works with earbuds but his does not.

Yes, I've tried different earbuds with his but there is no sound through them. Plugging in does

not change the sound coming from the smartphone. Does this explanation help? Any other

suggestion?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So with his phone when ear buds are plugged in, the sound still comes from the speakers on the phone? Did you verify the ear buds are plugged all the way in? Some cases might prevent a solid connection.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe only option I can see is doing a cache wipe or a hard reset. The jack has electric components. Worked on my iPad just fine. Otherwise look at replacement options. Do you have the extended warranty? If not I'm sure you can get a new upgrade now after 3 years ubless another line used your upgrade.

0 Likes
succulent

thanks for the info...what is a cache wipe or hard reset? How do I do it?

0 Likes