poor signal in Scottsdale Arizona
cfoushee

I've had Verizon for years because it had great signal in Scottsdale, zip code 85257, but for the last month the service at my work is so poor I can barely send and receive texts.  I am not the only person this is happening to so please don't tell me to reboot the phone, which I have done, nor tell me to remove the sim card, which I have done.  I want to know what changed approx. a month ago regarding the service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: poor signal in Scottsdale Arizona
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have consistent performance cfoushee. I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. What type of location is this? Inside your home or workplace? What make and model device is this? How does it perform outside your home area?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
cfoushee

This is a business location.  I have had Verizon at this location for almost 10 years now and it has always worked with all the different phones I have had.  This is not isolated to just my phone, however my phone is Samsung S4 that was purchased last November 2013.  Again, let me say it was great both voice and data and text until approx 1 month ago.  I've confirmed this with at least 5 other people who are experiencing the same symptoms so I'm led to believe that changed with respect to the infrastructure.  The exact business location is (Removed).

Outside and at home everything is great, but in all parts of the buildings the signal strength is so poor its barely usable.

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if the service right outside the building hasn't changed (or anywhere else in the area), it leads me to believe that something has been done to the building or possibly equipment was installed in the building, that's interfering with the signal. i would think that if it were related to nearby towers or verizon's infrastructure, then the signal in the entire area would have also been affected. just my thought.

0 Likes
cfoushee

But what if the service did change in the area?  According to many articles and Verizon themselves XLTE was rolled out in Phoenix.  Could that be effecting the performance when indoors?

The buildings I am in are huge.  Larger than a school and the service is poor regardless of where I am at within it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i guess it could, but i was under the impression that the service remained fine everywhere except inside the building. that would lead me to believe something was up inside the building, but that didn't have to do with verizon. XLTE was rolled out, but i believe that was at least 2 months ago? i don't know though.....maybe the way that tecknology works would affect it. however, i'm in central phoenix and north phoenix and haven't experienced this.

0 Likes
Scott_Droid4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never thought to complain about a poor signal but the more time I spend in my office, the more this becomes a problem for me.  I usually connect to the office Wifi for data so my problem was not a problem.

However, the signal is so week (N/W corner McClintock & Warner in Tempe, AZ) that it downgrades to 3G and that signal is just as bad.  Data is almost non-existent.  The real problem is that I've received voice calls from clients and not been able to hear them because the signal is garbled.  I have to call them back on a "land line".

Zip code: 85284

LTE Signal strength is: -114 dBm 26 asu or 0 dBm 99 asu

It switches to 3G which is only -98 dBm 1 asu

Phone: Droid 4.

0 Likes
csaafc
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have same issue in Scottsdale 85255. Residence. Consistently 0-1 bars since January. All iPhone models from 12 (work cells) to 6 do NOT have reception and calls constantly drop. Progressively getting WORSE . We have to switch to Cox zoom.l to speak to anyone and not everyone has zoom. Wifi calling also does not work at all! We reset, did airplane mode, made sure enabled, updated, every step w tech agent. My husband is a CEO of a large national company and is now exploring switching entire company to different carrier. So are we for all 5 of our personal devices. No one can function anymore with Verizon. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes