print from phone set up
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Droid Incredible HTC and just found out I can print from it. Is there a set up required to do this?. I tried to print a pic and it was uploading for three days and never passed 12% Finally figured how to shut it down. There was a Jetcet app on phone I knew nothing about. Once disabled print job discontinued When I first tried to print , I heard printer kick in but, it never printed pic. Is there an app I need install to get phone to send to printer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: print from phone set up
Not applicable

The problem with android is the printing function is non existent.

I have seen HP Print on many of them but it does no good unless you have an HP Air Port Printer. Totally useless.

I purchased a program called Printer Share Premium at the Google play store. $13 it works with all different types of Air Port printers made by different printer companies.

You could also use Google Cloud Print which is a free app. However you must have a supported air port printer or a printer connected via USB to your computer in order to use it.

I have found that my Apple iphones and iPads and iPad mini are the best for printing. It finds your airport printer no matter what the make and prints just great. Why androids don't function that way I have no idea.

Just go to the Google Play Store and search for free and paid printing programs.

Good Luck

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The newer Android devices support Google Cloud Print natively if the device is running KitKat. I use it semi-regularly.

Not sure if the HTC Droid Incredible is supported though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

It may be my printer also. I have  a Dell B1160w and printers compatible start at B1163w. Don't know if that matters or not. Printer actually showed on phone for printing but, nothing happened when I clicked print

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would spend the $50 to get either a Canon airport printer or an HP Airport capable printer. The canon at BJ's cost me $38 after club rebate. I have an HP All in One as well both work very nicely. The HP however was $300 so I don't recommend that printer.Smiley Happy

Good Luck

0 Likes