Re: "Can't connect to your Voice Mailbox" error 9004... what does this mean? where is the error?
Gamin

My software is up to date, and I can listen to my voicemail, but I still get the "Can't connect" message.

0 Likes
Re: "Can't connect to your Voice Mailbox" error 9004... what does this mean? where is the error?
worldofjohnboy12
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me, I turn Wireless Data off most times as I like to save my data (not unlimited).  I've noticed the same error when this condition is true.  (I also had Wi-Fi calling disabled, FYI.) 

Once I turn mobile data on, it works fine. 

In experimenting, I turned Wi-Fi calling on and kept mobile data off.  Rebooted my Pixel 2 XL and tried to listen to a voicemail, it sits at "Loading Voicemail" for a while and then says "Couldn't Load voicemail."  As far as I can tell, it need mobile data turned on to use the "Visual Voicemail" features.  If you have Data turned off, then you have to use the traditional phone method (non-visual). 

bensondana
Enthusiast - Level 1

FINALLY!!! Finally a simple answer to a simple problem that the Verizon employees seemed unable to address. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Has your issue been resolved? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Lemiarty

This is 2020, not 1990.  I should not have to disable my wifi in order for feature on my phone to function.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely understand your concerns, Lemiarty. While technology has advanced tremendously over the past 30 years, your Voicemail box is still part our Verizon Wireless system. Are you able to access your Voicemail if you call *86 when you are connected to a WiFi network?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
CastenR
Enthusiast - Level 1

BUMP! for worldofjohnboy12 's answer

For me, I turn Wireless Data off most times as I like to save my data (not unlimited).  I've noticed the same error when this condition is true.  (I also had Wi-Fi calling disabled, FYI.) 

Once I turn mobile data on, it works fine. 

In experimenting, I turned Wi-Fi calling on and kept mobile data off.  Rebooted my Pixel 2 XL and tried to listen to a voicemail, it sits at "Loading Voicemail" for a while and then says "Couldn't Load voicemail."  As far as I can tell, it need mobile data turned on to use the "Visual Voicemail" features.  If you have Data turned off, then you have to use the traditional phone method (non-visual). 

This is the answer that fixed it for me!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it when I read through and had to figure it out independently. 

Responding to bring attention to this answer.

0 Likes