"Loss of Service" Notifications Constantly?
twolarrysracing
Enthusiast - Level 1

The recent update on my phone made several major changes. One of them is the phone announces "Loss of Service" when it has bad reception (it also interrupts my ringtone to say "VERIZON WIRELESS" and then starts the ringtone again...but I can live with that). Where we live and our quality of reception, this is all the time, all day, but all hours of the night is getting very old quickly. I am preferential to sleep. Does anyone know where on the phone I can turn this notification feature off, as I cannot seem to find anything that relates to it?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "No Service" Notifications Constantly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello twolarrysracing!

I'd love to help with your device and the changes since the update! First, let me ask you what model device you have? And just to clarify, is this happening on every call and only since the update?

Please provide me with some additional information.

Thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: "Loss of Service" Notifications Constantly?
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get this loss of service message at time here where i live even when my cell is showing 2-3 bars of service?

It will give me the Verizon connected message right after that.

LG Optimus zone 2 cell running KitKat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to have our customers without service. Please elaborate on the details of the issue. Let's work on this. What services are impacted? When did it start? Is there anyone else experiencing the same issue?
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Gray, Me.

Hunts Hill Rd.

When zooming in on the verizon coverage map it show all red in my whole area.

How accurate the map is? Who knows.

I generally have 2-3 bars here.

Just up the road i get full bars up the hill 1/2 mile. Not a big hill.

Any cell i've owned using verizon signals have done this loss of signal in the 3 years i been here.

The wife cell running on verizon towers threw pageplus gets a more bars then mine, but it is a cheapo flip fone. She never looses signal. Probably that cell has a better antenna?

I do know differant cells will have better or worse antennas then others.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the follow up with all this great information. Let's dive into this deeper. What is the zip code you live in?
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

zip is 04039. U would thing coverage in this area rite off the turnpike would be great. Nope.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to me earltash witht he zip code. That area seems to have solid coverage. Is this just occuring in the section where the turnpike is located or everywhere? Is there a different zip code where you are having issues?
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems to happen mostly right here at home.

I do have it happen a lot also in Denmark, Me on the long pond road where my bud lives, but his cell also does it at his home.

Also...there is no Correct Answer button on any of these responses. There is a like button only

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information earltash. Let's get to the bottom of this and get this resolved. You mentioned you receive the "loss of service" message even when your cell is showing 2-3 bars of service. Does your device actually lose service (dropped calls, not data) or are you just receiving the notification? Do you have a prepaid account or is your Optimus Zone 2 activated on a standard monthly account? If you want to stop the notifications have you checked the roaming tone (ERI Enhanced Roaming Indicator) in Settings? Please share so I may further assist. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes